MacKay LLP employs some of Northern and Western Canada's most talented accounting and audit professionals with a long history of working with Canadian automotive dealerships. You need advisors who not only help improve your profitability and cash flow, but also develop opportunities for further growth. Let us help your car dealership adapt and succeed in this challenging economy.
While industry-wide statistics and even dealer group reports are often available, the geographic area represented by these reports is often nationwide rather than regional. Our Automotive Dealer Group generates reports and highlights industry trends meaningful to dealers in Northern and Western Canada. The professionals at MacKay LLP expertly interpret these trends and market conditions, integrating the most current market information into income tax, financial planning, or in developing industry specific approaches to audit processes. With our uniquely qualified Automotive Dealer Group, we provide you with timely and meaningful information throughout the fiscal year.
Our services for automotive dealerships include:
- Assurance processes that improve your financial and operating performance through:
- Risk identification and assessment: We develop an effective audit plan through careful understanding of your risks.
- Building strong internal controls: We identify potential weaknesses and provide feasible recommendations to improve internal controls and reduce risk.
- International resources: As a member of Auto Team America, a group of firms that meet regularly to exchange and create new ideas for the benefit of the auto dealership business sector, MacKay LLP offers a broad perspective and the latest best practices for your industry.
- Knowledge of the automobile industry's special policies and programs to identify accounting and audit situations created by:
- Factory rebate programs
- Interest buy-down programs
- Factory marketing charges
- Floor plan inventory financing
- Warranty advances
- Rules for sales tax credits
- Assistance in areas outside of our traditional services, including:
- Changes to existing accounting systems
- Dealer equity financing plans
- Recourse financing implications
- Accounting for internal leasing departments
- Internal control studies
- Employee stock ownership plans
- Evaluation of floor plan financing tools
- Parts inventory attendances/reconciliations
- Strategic planning
For more information on the comprehensive services we provide to automotive dealers, please contact your local MacKay LLP office.