Whether you are a general practitioner, specialist, surgeon, dentist, nurse, physiotherapist, or professional in another healthcare field, the team of professional advisors at MacKay LLP can help.
MacKay LLP has assisted doctors and other healthcare professionals with their tax and accounting needs since its inception in 1969. We have a number of partners and tax specialists who focus on the healthcare sector and provide expert advice on all the financial aspects of your practice. Knowing that your accounting and tax matters are under control provides you with peace of mind and allows you to stay focused on your work.
We assist healthcare professionals with:
- Annual tax filing and financial statement preparation;
- Incorporation set-up and administration;
- Optimal corporate structuring and tax minimization planning;
- Income splitting and wealth preservation strategies including family trusts, management companies, and investment holding companies;
- Estate and succession planning;
- Sale of your practice and utilization of the Capital Gains Exemption;
- Financing and assistance in dealing with your bank;
- Evaluation of tax shelter strategies and other investment alternatives;
- Advice on equipment financing and leasing decisions;
- Payroll administration and tax installments;
- Deductibility of interest and other business expenses;
- Health and welfare trusts;
- Employment, contractor, and associate agreements; and
- Bookkeeping, billing, and accounting assistance.
For more information on the tax, accounting, and financial services our experts provide for healthcare professionals, please contact your local MacKay LLP office.