Taxes in their various forms probably account for the single largest expense of every business and business owner in Canada. MacKay LLP tax professionals are experts at integrating the tax situation of a business with that of its owners to maximize tax planning opportunities and ensure that overall the minimum amount required by law is paid.
The strength of the MacKay LLP tax services group is grounded in the breadth and depth of the knowledge and experience of our tax specialists. Over 30 full-time, dedicated tax specialists are at your service, experienced in all aspects of taxation including private company and individual tax compliance through to sales tax, mergers and acquisitions, estate planning, Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) dispute resolution, and U.S. and cross-border tax compliance and planning. We interpret changing tax legislation and provide you with innovative tax planning advice and risk management strategies to help your business prosper as it grows.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Owner/Manager Tax Minimization Strategies
- Cross-Border Structuring and Transactions
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Family Business Succession Planning
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Management Buy-Outs
- Canada Revenue Agency Dispute Resolution
- U.S. Tax Compliance
- U.S. Tax Planning, including Cross-Border Structuring
- Non-Resident Tax Filings
- GST/HST Compliance and Planning
- Provincial Sales Taxes
- Succession and Estate Planning
- Executive Compensation
- Real Estate Acquisitions and Development
For more information on how we can assist with your taxation issues, please contact your local MacKay LLP office.